722 - Robbie Robin

November 21, 2013
A great thing about crafting is you can make ugly little Franken-creatures that no-one else will love, but you do because you made them. I think this is true of little Robbie Robin that I made this week.

He came as a free kit with Let's Knit magazine, and I made him in about two evening sittings. I'm not sure if it's just when I sew my knitting together it seems to go downhill, or if the knitting is a bit mental to begin with, but Robbie maybe looks a little more squint than he's meant too.

Knitted robin

Knitted robin

Knitted robin

But, he does look like a Robin. And his mental looking legs (I'm sure I knitted one longer than the other) look fine when he's sitting, which is what he will be doing this Christmas period.

I do love all my little created children. And hey, at least I had my first double pointed needles experience when I was knitting Robbie's legs. Hoping to progress to socks or something soon. That would be awesome.

3 comments:

  1. I think he looks great!oooh how did u find usindg dps?xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was totally fine but I was only using the two and knitting normally but just sliding my stitching up and down to make the chord, so not as scary as I feel knitting with 4 or 5 will be! Eek! But yeah I survived :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I think he's cute! ^___^

    ReplyDelete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.