Sunday, 8 December 2013

726 - Rainbow Road Hot Mug Cozy

As is the tale with a lot of things I make, I have had this pinned for ages. Since March in fact. Phew! But in the spirit of making myself things that were useful for starting a new job, I decided to make this lovely Rainbow Road coffee mug cozy from Wild Olive. This was part of Wild Olive's Mario Week series, and is based on a level from Mario Kart.

I decided to change to colours up a bit and just use colours I liked the look of, so the main colour isn't a road colour, it's a lovely green.

I also had to change the shape of template as for some reason the curved version from the template just wasn't working. I think this meant that my road shapes are maybe a little more spaced out than they should be, but I still think it looks very pretty. 

Hot mug cozy

Hot mug cozy

Hot mug cozy

Hot mug cozy

I love the colours combos, and the wee star on the front is so cute. So hopefully when I'm drinking tea on a cold morning, this will stop my hands getting too toastie. It's a little bit more squint than Mollie's, but I definitely don't have her tidy skills.

4 comments:

  1. That's so cute! It looks like it would be fun to make, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really quick and easy to make. Would defo recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I like the colours you used ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! The joys of having a huge felt stash.

    ReplyDelete