Recent Crafty Books

February 04, 2015
If you read my recent Christmas pressies post, you'll know I got some lovely crafty books gifted to me! I didn't get a chance to show them off in the last post, so I thought I would pick some of my favourite projects from each of the books so you can have a little peek at them!

First up we have Crochet with One Sheepish Girl by Meredith Crawford.

New craft books

I've followed Meredith's blog One Sheepish Girl for quite some time now, and I just love her style so I was pretty excited for her book to come out. Her taste in fashion and homewares is just perfect, as is the colour scheme for a lot of her projects. Now I feel quite comfertable crocheting, I'm quite hopefully I can make all the amazing things in this book.

My three favourite projects from this book are:

Granny Square Infinity Cowl.

New craft books

Heart Pocket Apron.

New craft books

Diana Camera Purse.

New craft books

Ugh everything is so pretty. I definitely need that camera case like yesterday. My Diana would look amazing in it.

My next book is Adventure Time Crafts by Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum and Chelsea Bloxsom.

New craft books

I can't explain how happy I am to see two of my favourite things smooshed together, and this book is just fantastic. If you don't know who Chelsea Bloxsom is, she's the amazing lady behind Love & A Sandwich. She makes amazing plushie monsters and the coolest felt hoops I have ever seen, so I would highly suggest you go and follow her right now. I literally want to make everything in this book, if you love Adventure Time you need this book!

My three favourite projects from this book are:

Jake's Bacon Pancakes Wall Art.

New craft books

Wildberry Princess Fascinator.

New craft books

Lumpy Space Princess Pom-Pom Mobile.

New craft books

My last Christmas pressie book was Faux Taxidermy Knits by Louise Walker.

New craft books

I saw pictures of projects from this book on Pinterest and loved it so much. I love plushie animals and things shaped like animals, so it was right up my street. I'm not sure if the projects will be too complicated for me but we shall see.

My three favourite projects from this book are:

Pheasant.

New craft books

Moose Head.

New craft books

Mink Wrap.

New craft books

And finally, my last book is one I treated myself after Christmas with some Christmas money. It's the amazing (and possible aimed at children) Make Clay Charms by Kaitlyn Nichols. Not only does it come with an amazing instruction book, it also comes with a little kit to make your own charm bracelet.

New craft books

New craft books

The instructions are split into four section, two of which are food based. I love food with faces, so I'm pretty sure my bracelet is going to be entirely food based. Check out these little cuties!

My three favourite projects from this book are:

Cheeseburger and Fries.

New craft books

Carrots.

New craft books

Taco.

New craft books

SO CUTE! I really hope I can make them and do them justice!

I've not bought too many craft books in recent times, so it's nice to get so many amazingly cute ones at ones. Full of inspiration!

6 comments:

  1. Well Kim, I basically love all of these! Especially the AT projects and A sheepish girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha they are so lush right! Being a bit choosy with my craft books has defo paid off! I really have to stop myself from just making loads of stuff out of them when I have so much stuff to make already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first thing I thought of when I saw the clay charms book, is that you could use them to make some lovely stitch markers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeek, these books are all great! I fell instantly in love with that heart pocket apron and the Lumpy Space Princess mobile ahaha. The clay charm book also looks like a lot of fun and I love the idea of making stitch markers with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I never even thought of stitch markers! I will totally need to get on that after I make the bracelet, such a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am now waiting to receive this book, I ordered it right after reading your post and I am now super excited about making my own stitch markers :)

    ReplyDelete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.