Friday, 28 August 2015

Cross Stitch Christmas Cards

After the success of my "sort of cheating" Christmas gift tags, I decided to tackle another Christmas free kit I've had for ages *cough* four years *cough*. In 2011 and 2012 I bought the Enjoy Christmas kit, which come with a magazine and a massive free kit to make lots of things. I made both sets of tree ornaments from these kits, but had never got around to making the cards. Again the thought of tackling them totally put me off, so they sat unloved.

Well this week I decided to tackle them, and stitched 6 in one evening and 6 in another. Go me! This time I decided to use only patterns in the magazines I got with the kits, but I made them a bit simpler than they should of been. Sometimes I left out the backstitch, sometimes I did only the backstitch, and other times I just picked a small element of a larger pattern and stitched that.

The kit also comes with stickers and ribbons for decorating the cards, so I got a bit glue happy with these beauties. I also used some Christmas scrapbooking paper I had to decorated some of the cards, as a lot of the stitched designs were quite small.

Cross stitch Christmas cards

Cross stitch Christmas cards

Cross stitch Christmas cards

Cross stitch Christmas cards

Cross stitch Christmas cards

Cross stitch Christmas cards

This project is a step towards completing my New Year's List for 2015. You can check out my progress here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment