Sunday, 10 January 2016

Christmas Presents - Donald's Family

I'm quite proud of myself that I had the sense to decide that if I wanted to craft Christmas presents as normal I was going to have to make them quite far in advance to make sure they got made. I'm not sure how early I actually started making all the gifts for Donald's side of the family, but I know they've been sitting on my craft room desk for a good few months now. Go me!

This year, for Donald's sisters and brothers-in-law I decided to make some crochet mug cozies. This meant I also got to pick out some nice mugs to model the mug cozies on (and to make sure they actually knew what the present was when they opened it!).

For Donald's sisters, I used this basic mug cozy pattern which is free on Raverly, though I just did them in one colour, instead of using a contrast. I then crocheted up a little heart from this free pattern to attach to the front.

Christmas presents

Christmas presents

Christmas presents

Christmas presents

Christmas presents

Christmas presents

Christmas presents

Christmas presents

Then for Donald's brothers-in-law I went with this free mustache mug hug pattern.

Christmas presents

Christmas presents

Christmas presents

Christmas presents

These were all really quick to make, and really easy as well, so actually would have been perfect for last minute gifts.

For Donald's mum I made a couple of gifts, the first of which was a crochet hot water bottle cover. There are lots of granny style hot water bottle cover patterns on Pinterest, but this granny hottie crochet along series by Fox Lane was my favourite. I had loads of DK yarn in lush colours hanging around, so I managed to make the whole cover without buying any more yarn, which is always a plus!

Christmas presents

Christmas presents

Christmas presents

Christmas presents

I love how this turned out, and I love the colours together. This was also really quick to put together, and the instructions for each stage were super clear, which I loved. I would definitely make more of these. I also bought a hot water bottle to pop in it, as I didn't want to gift Donald's mum a cover if she didn't have a hot water bottle!

I also cross stitched up this cute teddy bear kit, which I've had for quite a while but never got around to making. It was one of those kits with many different shades of brown, cream, and white, which is never fun, but it was worth it as it looks really neat and lovely finished.

Christmas presents

I also topped Donald's mum's gift with a leftover star from Ivy's Mario baby blanket, as I made too many at the time and didn't just want to throw them out. It was also a good chance to use one of the cross stitch gifts tags I had made, as I like using these on handmade gifts, though I forgot to use them on the mug cozies! Doh!

Christmas presents

Yarn Used (Heart Mug Cozies):
  • Caron Simply Soft:
    • Light Country Peach.
  • Stylecraft Special Aran:
    • Lavender.
    • Cloud Blue.
    • Fondant.
Raverly Project Page.

Yarn Used (Mustache Mug Hugs):
  • Caron Simply Soft:
    • Black.
  • Robin Bonny Babe Aran:
    • White.
Raverly Project Page.

 Yarn Used (Hot Water Bottle Cover):
  • Rico Basic Acrylic:
    • Neon Orange.
  • Paton Fab:
    • Lilac.
  • Stylecraft Special DK:
    • Wisteria.
    • Apricot.
    • Fondant.
    • Gold.
    • Silver.
    • Spring Green.
    • Aspen.
  • Robin DK:
    • Madonna.
  • Cygnet Wool Rich Crepe:
    • Oatmeal.
Raverly Project Page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment