Christmas Presents - My Family

One of the first DIY Christmas presents I made when I started this blog was some baking hampers for Donald's family. They were really fun to put together and I think they make a lovely gift for people.

This year I decided to make some baking hampers again, but for my Gran and my aunt and uncle. I did them a bit differently from last time, as I decided to not make them Christmas baking themed, and I also decided to buy a baking book to include, instead of just picking some individual recipes.

So here's the lovely bit and pieces I bought to include. Everything is from a lush pastel baking range by Jane Asher.

Baking hampers

Each hamper has a tea towel, some baking cases, a recipe book, a spatula, a set of cookie cutters, a mini sieve, and an oven glove to store it all in.

I put as much as I could inside the oven gloves, attached the cookie cutters to the hanging loop, and then tied the baking cases to the oven glove with some huge Christmas ribbon.

Baking hampers

Baking hampers

To finish the present off I attached some of the gift tags I cross stitched earlier in the year, and then topped them off with some spare stars I had left over from when I crocheted Ivy her Mario baby blanket.

Baking hampers

Baking hampers

Baking hampers

Not a totally handmade present, but a DIY one nonetheless, and it's really fun buying all the little bits and pieces to put into a hamper, so I would totally love to make more in the future.

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.