Sunday, 24 January 2016

Crochet Death Star

Last night was my friend Matt's birthday dinner, and as it was his 30th, I thought it might be quite cool to make him a present.

After asking his girlfriend what his favourite things were, I decided to go with something Star Wars. One of my favourite blogs, Pops de Milk, has a pattern for a crochet Death Star pillow, so I decided that might be quite fun to make, and would be something practical they could pop on the couch or a chair, instead of just something that would sit on a shelf.

This was quite a large project, but with aran weight yarn and a quite chunky hook, it came together in a couple of evenings. I bought two balls of yarn for this, but literally must have used about a metre of the second ball! So I have some grey leftover for some other future project.

Crochet Death Star

Crochet Death Star

Crochet Death Star

Crochet Death Star

Making the actual ball was pretty quick and easy, but stitching on the details took a little while at the end. I just used the pictures on Pops de Milk's post for reference and sort of made it up, but she does have a video you can watch for more detail on how she does the surface stitches.

Yarn Used:
  • Drops Alaska.
    • Light Grey Mix.
  • Stylecraft Special Aran.
    • Graphite.
Raverly Project Page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment