Sunday, 3 January 2016

New Year's Resolutions

Whoops! That was a bit of a break eh? You may or may not have guessed, but the reason for about a month of no blogging is this!

Ivy

On December 2nd we welcomed our little baby into the world. The cutest baby girl I ever did see, Ivy Rose Morrison. So as you can imagine, she has been demanding most of my time, along with the madness of Christmas, so I decided to just wait until 2016 to get back to blogging.

So with a new year, I hope to get back to a more regular crafting and blogging schedule (I usually post on Sundays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, if I have something to blog about), and I already have lots of Christmas crafting posts lined up, but first it's time to look back at my New Year's Resolutions from 2015.

Last year I decided to go back to setting myself a big list of crafty goals for the year to tick off, and I was doing pretty well until about March, and then everything went a bit crazy.

I got pregnant in March, and in the early few months all I really did was go to work and then come home and sleep. I had no energy at all and as a result I did very little crafting. Then we moved house in May to make room for the baby, which again took up a huge amount of time, teamed with further energy drainage later on in my pregnancy, and it all meant I really didn't get as much done as I wanted. My list has hardly anything ticked off!

I managed to craft a lot of things later on in the year, but it was a lot of baby crafting and then Christmas crafting, and maybe not things I had on my list.

So here's 2015's list, with the couple of things I managed ticked off. I'm happy I at least managed to make a dent in most of them.

1. Start my embroidery duvet.
2. Make socks x2.
3. Knit my diamond jumper. 
4. Draw something big once a month. 
5. Bake once a month. 
6. Clear my free kits. 
7. Finish my wedding scrapbook. 
8. Use my sewing machine once a month. 
9. Fill my Smashbook once a month. 
10. Read 50 books. 

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Kim has read 0 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

So what are my aims for 2016? With a very small baby hanging around, I obviously have no idea how much crafting I'll be able to fit in, so I don't want to put the pressure on myself with a huge list, so I've decided on a much looser list than usual.

My main aim for this year is just to craft as much as I can, as I love it, and with most of the year off on maternity leave, I'll hopefully be able to fit in quite a bit when the little one is napping.
  1. Clear as many free and purchased craft kits as possible.
  2. I've had this on my list a lot, but I have a lot of craft kits. A huge amount of free ones from magazines, as well as purchased ones, a lot of which I've received as gifts from people. I feel guilty with them all sitting there just waiting to get made.
  3. Make all the things I've bought supplies for but am yet to make.
  4. I have a lot of knitting and crochet projects I have the yarn for, as well as a mixture of other ones I've bought the supplies for but am yet to make, so I'd like to clear my backlog where possible.
  5. Keep adding to my embroidery duvet.
  6. I started this last year and only managed a couple of months before everything went out the window, so it would be nice to start adding to this, even if it's not super regularly, and see it grow.
  7. Make things from my huge collection of craft books.
  8. When I'm looking for inspiration for things to make, I can be quite guilty of heading to Pinterest or Raverly first, whether I have a specific project in mind, or whether I'm just looking for something to make when I'm bored. I want to use my huge collection of craft books more, as I know there's loads of lovely things in there I want to make, so it would be nice to keep track of which books I actually use throughout the year. This will hopefully force me to mix things up a bit and browse a bit more.
  9. Craft for Ivy
  10. It's so exciting to have a little person to craft for, so I'd like to make sure I keep making things for her, whether it's clothes, toys, or things for her nursery.
You can keep track of how I'm getting on with this year's list here, and see everything I've ticked off or made a dent in! I'm hoping this year will be a lot more achievable!

As usual I'll be doing the Goodreads reading challenge too, and you can see how I'm getting on with that using the Goodreads widgets on my sidebar!

0 comments:

Post a Comment