Sunday, 17 January 2016

Ricardio Pillow

Man maternity leave has been awesome for letting me beast through projects that I've been meaning to make for a while, and this Ricardio pillow is just one of them. This is the last thing I finished last year before Ivy made an appearance, I'm just finally getting caught up on blogging about it! If you watch Adventure Time, you may recognise Ricardio, and a while ago the lovely Twinkie Chan posted a free pattern for a mega plush/pillow of him on her blog. You can make just a heart pillow version, or customise him up to make him Ricardio.

I managed to knock him up in a couple of days. The actual body part was super fast, as it's all triple crochet, and then it took a little while longer to make all the features and get them all sewn on. Even though it's one of the biggest plushies I've ever made, the pattern was really easy to follow, much like all of Twinkie's patterns I've made. So don't be put off because it looks huge!

Ricardio

Ricardio

Ricardio 

I have to say the hardest bit was stitching on the details, as I'm not the best at making the yarn look super neat, but he's turned out pretty Ricardio looking, so what more can you ask for? He's also super squishy and cuddly, so he'll be comfy to lie on. I think he'll be hanging out on our bed with my BMO plush.

Ricardio

Yarn Used:
  • Caron Simply Soft:
    • Autumn Red.
  • Robin Bonny Babe Aran:
    • White.
  • Alaska Drops:
    • Black.
    • Dark Pink.
Raverly Project Page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment