Friday, 12 February 2016

Crochet Charm Bracelets

In a bid to get rid of the rest of my free kits I always have a root through them when I'm thinking of making a present for someone.

I knew Donald's sister's birthday was coming up, so I had a look and decided to make her a crochet charm bracelets kit I got free in Mollie Makes. Donald's sister tends to make presents for people for their birthdays and Christmas, so I always think she'll really appreciate something handmade.

The bracelets were super easy to make, but I couldn't work out the instructions for the part where you joined the clasp to the bracelet. You're supposed to have a length of twisted thread with the clasp at the end, so it's extended from the main bracelet a little bit. I tried it several times and it still wasn't working, so I just joined the clasp in and kept crocheting as normal, as it still worked, though it has made that last stitch quite a wide loop.

Crochet bracelets and envelope gift

Crochet bracelets and envelope gift

Crochet bracelets and envelope gift

I actually made them all a slightly different length, as I wasn't sure which worked best. For the first I used the suggested 32 stitches, but without the extra length of the clasp section it was actually quite small. It fits my wrist, but I do know I have tiny wrists! I tried 38 stitches for the next bracelet and was worried it was a little big, as the charm drags down to the bottom with the extra length. Finally I did a 36 stitch length which seems just right. I think Donald's sister has wrist about my size, so hopefully they should all fit her anyway.

I also decided to make a wee envelope to gift them in, which I made using the free papers from Mollie Makes and an envelope and label template set I got from HEMA. I then sealed the whole thing up with a wee Hello Kitty sticker.

Crochet bracelets and envelope gift

Crochet bracelets and envelope gift

Crochet bracelets and envelope gift

Now I know how easy these are I think I would definitely take a bash at making some for myself, or more presents. I mean you could use any colour of wool or buy any amazing bead or charm to attach to them, so the possibilities are endless!


This project is a step towards completing my New Year's List. You can check out my progress here.
  • Clear as many free and purchased craft kits as possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment