Cross Stitch Cards Kits

I'm getting really close to actually finishing all the free kits I have sitting in my craft room (after like 3 years of trying to get rid of them all!). I have a lot of Mollie Makes sewing type ones to do, that I never seem to find the time to sit down and do, and a few cross stitch ones that just seem to take forever and get looked over.

The reason I seem to avoid a lot of the free cross stitch kits is usually because the pattern doesn't interest me and I'm not too keen on spending that much time on something I don't love!

Last year I cross stitched some Christmas cards I had the kit for, but I just used whatever patterns I felt like instead of the suggested ones, and it worked so much better! I got the cards done in no time because I was super excited about making them, and it meant the supplies actually got used instead of sitting there forever.

I had two similar greetings cards kits from Cross Stitcher which I pretty much decided I was just never going to do with the provided patterns. I decided to look through X Stitch by Sarah Fordham for some awesome patterns instead and finally get those cards made.

X Stitch is one of my favourite cross stitch books as not only does it have amazing, quirky little patterns, it also features a lot of really small patterns, which are obviously super fast to stitch. And, there is very rarely any backstitch!

I managed to use a lot of the free thread I got with both the card kits, and also used a little of my own stash, and one stitching sessions later I had 7 lovely cards!

Excuse the fact the cards aren't folded in the pictures, but I couldn't get a good photo as they kept popping open!

Cross stitch cards

Cross stitch cards

Cross stitch cards

Cross stitch cards

Cross stitch cards

Cross stitch cards

Cross stitch cards

They are super cute, worked up really fast, and I managed to get rid of two free kits in one session, which made me super happy!

I still have a couple of cross stitch cards kits left, two of which I actually like the provided patterns, and I'm not sure about the other ones yet! I may end up dipping into X Stitch again to get those bad boys finished!

This project is a step towards completing my New Year's List. You can check out my progress here.
  • Clear as many free and purchased craft kits as possible.
  • Make things from my huge collection of craft books.

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.