Friday, 5 February 2016

Mollie Makes Envelopes

So when I finished making the wool cards I talked about in my last post, I knew I would have to make some envelopes for them so I could actually use them.

I also have two Christmas cards I made that also that never had envelopes due to their strange shape (a stocking and a Christmas tree), so they also needed something.

I've had an idea for ages to use the free papers you've been getting in the most recent issues of Mollie Makes to make paper envelopes, so I decided to give it a bash.

I did have a look for a tutorial on how to make envelopes but in the end I just winged it and basically made little paper pouches to fit each card. I taped the edges together with washi tape to make them look a bit prettier, and popped a pink label on the front of each so I could write on them no matter how busy the paper's pattern was.

When it comes time to seal them I think I'll stick down the final flap with either some more washi tape or a nice sticker!

Here's the front and back of all the envelopes!

Mollie Makes envelopes

Mollie Makes envelopes

Mollie Makes envelopes

Mollie Makes envelopes

Mollie Makes envelopes

Mollie Makes envelopes

Yay, all my cards are usable now, so I can start dishing them out to people, though obviously the Christmas cards will have to wait a while!

0 comments:

Post a Comment