Wool Cards

February 03, 2016
Ages ago I bought a little crafty kit from Tiger which contained cards with pre-punched holes in them which you could then stitch wool through.

I thought these would be great as little birthday or thank you cards, as I always have a stash of them in the house for popping in with people's presents.

However, when I sat down to make them I realised that by cards they literally meant squares of card and not actually greetings cards! Doh! However, I still wanted to make them into greetings cards, otherwise they were going to be pretty useless!

It only took me an hour or so to stitch up the four cards in the box, but it took me a while to actually sit down and finish them as I had to run out and get a pack of A4 card so I could transform them into greetings cards.

I folded four pieces of card in half, attached the stitched cards with double-sided tape, and then decorated them with some happy washi tape, and woo hoo, I actually have some usable cards!

String cards

String cards

String cards

String cards

I'm sad this kit wasn't exactly what I thought it was going to be, but happy I was able to make them into cards in the end! And I do think they look rather cute!

This project is a step towards completing my New Year's List. You can check out my progress here.
  • Clear as many free and purchased craft kits as possible.

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.