Colour Block Ribbed Turban

April 24, 2016
After the success of my heart pocket apron from Crochet with One Sheepish Girl, I decided to make something else from the book while I was at it.

I already have the wool for the Diana camera bag, but I decided to tackle the colour block ribbed turban, as it looked super cute.

I used the same green wool from my apron, as well as some lovely bright blue from my stash, as I love how these colours look with my hair. Again I used acrylic yarn instead of the cotton suggested in the pattern, so it'll be super cozy in the colder weather.

This pattern had a couple of stitches I had never come across before, the front post double crochet and the back post double crochet. Reading the instructions confused me a bit, but a quick Google for some images of the stitches (front post double crochet explanation and back post double crochet explanation) I knew exactly what I was supposed to be doing.

My crocheting/wool combo meant I only needed 56 rows to get to the desired length.

Crochet turban

Crochet turban

Crochet turban

Crochet turban

I was a bit confused when it came to sewing the parts together though. The instructions made total sense but I when I was done I just wasn't sure it looked exactly like it was supposed to. But after a bit of fiddling around in the mirror, I think it is actually right and looks lovely, though I'm not sure if the bump in the middle is too bumpy! I might need to play around with it a bit more.


Yarn Used:
  •  Lion Brand Vanna's Choice.
    • Aqua.
  • Stylecraft Special Aran.
    • Teal.
Raverly Project Page.

This project is a step towards completing my New Year's List. You can check out my progress here.
  • Make things from my huge collection of craft books.

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.