Crochet Beanie for Ivy

April 17, 2016
The other day I said to Donald how cute it would be to make a hat for Ivy and attach the biggest pom pom possible. And so a project idea was born. I basically wanted to make a hat to pop on a giant pom pom.

I found this free pattern for a basic beanie, which comes in loads of different sizes, and decided to go with that.

I was actually aiming to make the 0-6 months hat, but because I had all the instructions on the screen at once, I ended up making the 6-12 months one instead! I would say whoops, but it was actually a bit short for Ivy once I was finished.

Crochet baby hat

Crochet baby hat

I think that face says it all! I even use the exact same yarn from the pattern, so maybe Ivy just had a really big head, but she's only 4 months old, so I doubt this would fit her when she's a year. Perhaps my tension is off! Or maybe I made some mad combo of different sizes in the confusion, so who knows!

I decided to add another three rows of  double crochets (single crochets in the pattern) and then one row of triple crochet to finish it off. And yay it fits a lot better!

Crochet baby hat

Crochet baby hat

And check out that pom pom! Huge and in neon orange! What could be better?

Crochet baby hat

It's good to know the pattern comes in so many different sizes, because I can make her a bigger one if she needs it in the future. It's really easy, so I would give it a bash if you're looking for an easy beanie pattern.

Yarn Used:
  • Caron Simply Soft.
    • Grape.
  • Rico Basic Acrylic.
    • Neon orange.
Raverly Project Page.

This project is a step towards completing my New Year's List. You can check out my progress here.
  • Craft for Ivy

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.