Wednesday, 13 April 2016

Flying Ducks Cross Stitch

After finishing off the cards from my last post, the only thing I had left from those massive cross stitch kits was one small frame. I decided to whip up something I had been wanting to make for a while, to use up that last frame and finally get rid of those cross stitch kits forever! They've been haunting me for ages!

I used a cute flying ducks pattern from X Stitch by Sarah Fordham., which is just one of my favourite cross stitch books.

Flying ducks cross stitch

Flying ducks cross stitch

The pattern was super quick to whip up, and fits perfectly inside the frame! It's now sitting proudly on my craft room shelves alongside many of my other makes!

I'm so happy with the massive dent I'm making in my free craft kits, especially those massive ones! Now they're gone, I feel I definitely tackle the remaining kits.

This project is a step towards completing my New Year's List. You can check out my progress here.
  • Clear as many free and purchased craft kits as possible. 
  • Make things from my huge collection of craft books. 

2 comments:

  1. I really like the flying ducks! They've just given me a stroke of inspiration - crochet versions on the wall as a larger art piece ... hmm thoughts thoughts :) jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's such a cool idea! Some cute plush versions would be awesome too! x

    ReplyDelete