Heart Pocket Apron

April 20, 2016
This is a project I've had the yarn for for ages, and I've just finally got around to making it. However, I did realise that the pattern called for cotton yarn, and I had just bought normal acyclic Aran weight yarn. Whoops!

I'm thinking I might use this as a craft room apron to project myself from glitter and stuff, instead of using it in the kitchen, where it might melt if it comes in contact with heat! I'm guessing this very reason, teamed with the washable aspect, is why the pattern calls for cotton yarn, but I'm not too bothered. I actually hate working with cotton yarn anyway. I'm quite happy for this apron to get a bit grubby while protecting my clothes anyway.

The pattern for this heart pocket apron comes from Crochet with One Sheepish Girl by Meredith Crawford. This is just a lovely book and all the patterns are super lush.

Crochet apron

Crochet apron

I adore how this look, and I love the colour combo I went with. It just turned out so lovely, and the little heart pockets are super cute! It's also a really nice fit (though I can't get a photo where my hips don't look huge! Trust me, it fits lovely).

Crochet apron

Crochet apron

Crochet apron

This was also a really easy pattern to follow. The only thing I did different was joining the sash to the apron body with a slip stitch (using this technique) instead of sewing it on as the pattern describes, because as I've mentioned before, my sewing can sometimes let a project down and make it look messy.

I was left with nearly two full balls of plum yarn and nearly a whole ball of teal yarn. I think because I used different yarn to the pattern (and the eternal debate of what worsted weight actually means in the UK! I go with Aran every time, but it never seems to turn out quite right) I ended up with a lot more left over than I should have had, so my stash just got a little bigger! I have so much left over yarn of this weight, I really need to make a big blanket or something to get rid of it all!

Yarn Used:
  • Stylecraft Special Aran.
    • Plum.
    • Teal.
    • Magenta.
Raverly Project Page.

This project is a step towards completing my New Year's List. You can check out my progress here.
  • Make all the things I've bought supplies for but am yet to make.
  • Make things from my huge collection of craft books.

2 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! And having a glitter protecting apron is a genius idea! ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha if I'd done it in the right wool it could have been a kitchen one but I have such a habit of burning myself when cooking I just know I'd melt it! So crafting apron it is. I sense I'll need an apron when Ivy gets into crafting!

    ReplyDelete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.