5000 Poppies

May 01, 2016
Yesterday I attended the Knitting & Stitching Show, which finally made it's way to Scotland, with my mum!

In the lead up to the event, they posted on their Facebook page saying that they would be accepting donations to the 5000 Poppies Project. You can read all about the project on their website, but they're going to have a massive display at the Chelsea Flower Show this year and needed some extra contributions, which could be donated at the Knitting & Stitching Show. If you're interested in donating though, you can get in touch with the 5000 Poppies people through their website!

Most of the patterns were for knitted poppies, but I decided to go with the crochet one as it would be easier to whip up (and I decided to make it the night before!).

I used the easy crochet pattern, which was really fast to make up and really easy to crochet, as it was really just loads of treble crochets.

Crochet poppy

Crochet poppy

My poppy has a lovely 3D effect to it too, and I managed to sew the centre on invisibly, which I was very proud of.

So I popped it in the donation box and hopefully it's off to be part of something awesome!

Yarn Used:
  • Knitting Essentials.
    •  Black.
  • Patons Wool Aran.
    • Merlot.
  • Stylecraft Special DK.
    • Spring Green.
Raverly Project Page.

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.