Crochet Cactus

June 24, 2016
Our window ledge in the kitchen is pretty plant heavy, and while the cactus and the succulents we have are doing really well (as well as our lovely chilli plant), the herbs I had planted in a little planter weren't getting used and were looking a bit dead.

After looking at several different cactus in shops, and deciding they were all boring because they were exactly the same as the ones we already had in the livingroom, I decided to crochet some cactus instead.

I've seen loads of different patterns for crochet cactus on Pinterest over the years, so I knew it would be super easy to find some that I liked, so I got to work.

I decided to go for two of the patterns by Yarnplaza.com (there are four to choose from) and then thought it would be a nice idea to fill the middle pot with my crochet Groot which I made ages ago. Our kitchen is filled with things with cute faces, so he would fit right in!

I just used whatever wool I had on hand, and followed the hook sizes from the pattern as suggest, apart from the little pink flowers, as I used a 2.5mm hook instead, as the 2mm hook was too bendy!

Crochet cactus

Crochet cactus

Crochet cactus

After I was finished making the cactus, I filled the bottom of the pots with fishtank gravel to weigh them down, and also surrounded baby Groot with more gravel to keep him in place and fill the pot up so it looked nicer.

Crochet cactus

Crochet cactus

Crochet cactus

So our kitchen window ledge is actually full again, and I won't have to worry about replacing these guys for a while!

Crochet cactus

Yarn Used:
  • Stylecraft Special Aran:
    • Teal.
  • Rico Basic Acrylic:
    • Neon Orange.
  • Free wool from Let's Get Crafting:
    • Pink.
    • Yellow.
  • Vanna's Choice Lion Brand:
    • Chocolate.
  • Caron Simply Soft:
    • Kelly green.
Raverly project page.

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.